Why UV coating is so important for SPC flooring?
UV coating is a very important and necessary processing for SPC flooring (Rigid vinyl plank), which is processed after the extrusion or lamination and before profiling (chamfering/ Bevel edge ).
A UV coating is a surface treatment which either is cured by ultraviolet radiation, or which protects the underlying material from such radiation's harmful effects.
The main reasons for UV coating on SPC flooring (Rigid vinyl plank) are as follows:
1. To enhance the surface wear-resistance feature, we use 0.3mm (12mil) or 0.5mm (20mil) wear-layer on our spc vinyl flooring to make it strong wear-resistance for heavy traffic or home using. The UV coating is another shield for the top layer of spc flooring, it contains ceramic components and make the surface scratch – resistant to different damage.
2. The UV coating also mainly use to cover the decor film on spc vinyl flooring to make it anti-fading to sun light near window or any other indoor environment.
3. Another reason for UV coating is that the UV painting can adjust the shinning degree of flooring surface, the flooring surface after extrusion is little shinning and looks un-confortable, but after UV coating processing the degree of light reflecting on flooring surface can be perfectly adjusted to around 5-7 degree, and make the decor of spc flooring looks very real and elegant as solid wood.
We’d like to share more information with you if you are interested in our spc flooring (Rigid vinyl plank).
Previous: No Information
Related Industry Knowledge
- Is it normal to have chromatic aberration and s...
- Five taboos for laying solid wood flooring
- Fatal knowledge of the floor
- Talk about some considerations of floor acceptance
- Wood floor burns first aid measures
- Determination of Heavy Metal Content on Wood Floor
- Environmental wood floor judgment method
- Reinforcement composite flooring quality identi...
- Floor color knowledge
- Reinforced composite flooring quality identific...