Main Differences between SPC and WPC Vinyl Floors
Besides the materials used to create the core of this flooring style, these are the key differences between WPC vinyl flooring and SPC vinyl flooring:
→Thickness: WPC floors have a thicker core than SPC floors. Plank thickness for WPC floors is generally about 5.0 to 8 millimeters, while SPC floors are usually between 3.5 and 7 millimeters thick.
→Foot Feel: When it comes to how the flooring feels underfoot, WPC vinyl has the advantage. Because it has a thicker core compared to SPC flooring, it feels more stable and cushioned when walking on it. That thickness also helps to provide insulation to keep the floors warmer.
→Sound Insulation: The thicker core of WPC floors also makes them superior when it comes to sound insulation. The thickness helps to absorb the sound, so it’s quieter when walking on these floors.
→Durability: You might think that WPC flooring would offer improved durability since it is thicker than SPC flooring, but the opposite is actually true. SPC floors may not be as thick, but they are considerably denser than WPC floors. This makes them better at resisting damage from impacts or heavy weights.
→Stability: WPC floors and SPC floors can both be installed in any room with moisture exposure and temperature fluctuations. But when it comes to extreme temperature changes, SPC flooring tends to offer superior performance. The denser core of SPC floors makes them even more resistant to expanding and contracting than WPC floors.
→Price: SPC floors are more affordable than WPC floors. However, don’t pick your floors based on price alone. Be sure to consider all the potential benefits and drawbacks between these two flooring options before choosing one.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Is it normal to have chromatic aberration and s...
- Five taboos for laying solid wood flooring
- Fatal knowledge of the floor
- Talk about some considerations of floor acceptance
- Wood floor burns first aid measures
- Determination of Heavy Metal Content on Wood Floor
- Environmental wood floor judgment method
- Reinforcement composite flooring quality identi...
- Floor color knowledge
- Reinforced composite flooring quality identific...
- The difference between the SPC and TPC flooring
- What is laminate flooring?
- Why UV coating is so important for SPC flooring?
- Benefits of Click and Lock spc Vinyl Flooring